Yoga Scholarship Competition
1st Annual Tribe Scholarship Writing Competition
Win a scholarship on a forthcoming Tribe Yoga Teacher Training
or 500 Euros cash prize!
SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION DEADLINE EXTENSION UNTIL 31st MARCH 2014
MORE TIME TO WRITE YOUR STORY!
Win a level 1 & 2 TTC scholarships for 2014/2015
Entry fee 15 euros per entry
Tribe is offering a great opportunity to combine the art of writing with the spirit of Yoga. If you have experienced yoga, practiced yoga, lived yoga or just observed yoga, then you probably have a story to tell.
We hope this competition motivates you to pick up a pen and paper and write down yoga stories that will inspire, educate, enthuse or simply entertain others about the yoga world, yoga community or yoga practice.
Submit your stories, memoirs, essays, poetry, etc before the end of March 2014 for the chance to get your entry published and/or win a scholarship for one of our upcoming Yoga Alliance-Certified Yoga Teacher Trainings or 500 euros prize money.
A selection of yoga stories from those submitted will be chosen for publication in a book which will also offer insight into yoga practice and yogic living. All featured yoga stories will be complimented by text that explores the theme, message, experience, etc. that each story tells.
Not sure what yoga story you have to tell? Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- A specific incident that happened on the yoga mat, that magical moment when everything clicked into place.
- Your story of healing through yoga.
- Experiencing a particular yoga practice or discipline.
- How yoga changed the way you live, think, love, exist?
- A funny experience in a yoga retreat or in a yoga class.
- How learning about the yamas & niyamas can impact one's life.
- A tangible experience of the chakras.
- A mind-blowing breakthrough, that ‘Eureka’ yoga moment which brought you to a new understanding of yourself or the practice.
- Meeting a ‘famous’ yoga personality, an Indian Guru, a well-known yoga teacher.
Your yoga story can be something you want to share or something you want to say. It can be philosophical, funny, moralistic, educational, touching, dramatic, etc. It can be told from a personal view or in the third person.
Writers of the top three winning stories will be awarded a choice of a FREE place in a Tribe Yoga Teacher Training (as below) or a 500 Euros cash prize. The winning submissions along with other top stories will be published by Tribe in the forthcoming 'Yoga Stories' book.
All writers of any story published in the 'yoga stories' book will be credited in the book and will recieve a free copy.
Judging Criteria: Winners will be selected based on:
- Personal Style (33%);
- Content/Creativity (33%); and
- Writing Skills (34%).
The winning stories will be selected by a panel of 3 judges. All jugdes are Tribe Faculty Teachers. In the event that a decision on 3 winners cannot be made the finalist entries will be placed in a hat and drawn at random.
Entry Requirements and Entry Fee
The story must be written in compliance with the competition's terms and conditions that appear below. To enter it is necessary to first post your story somewhere on the web with a link to the Tribe website (see number 9 of the terms & conditions).
The 15 Euros entry fee payable when you submit your story contributes towards the publishing cost for the ‘Yoga Stories’ book. Any excess funds will be given to a charity of Tribe's choice. You can enter as many individual stories as you like.
It is important to read through ALL the rules, terms and conditions below.
RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition ends 31st March 2014.
- All entrants must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Each submission shall be written in English only.
- All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism, which includes the use of third-party poetry, song lyrics, characters or another person's ideas, without written permission or proper acknowledgment will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be submitted through the Tribe website on-line competition form. After completing the on-line competition form and attaching their story, participants should click ‘proceed to payment’ to pay the 15 Euros entry fee. The 15 Euro fee will be added to the funds necessary to publish the proposed book.
- Individuals can enter as many stories as they like.
- Suggested 2,000 minimum and 8,000 maximum words per story. Shorter and longer stories may also be accepted.
- If you have any additional material like photos, logos or images to go with your story, they can be emailed separately to info (at) tribe-yoga.com. Please write the name of your story as part of the email title, so the we can succesfully match your images to your story.
- The story should be posted live on a website, facebook or any other social media with a link to the Tribe website. The link should appear as:
‘My story for the Yoga Teacher Training in Goa Scholarship Writing Competition’
linking to URL: http://www.tribe-yoga.com/india-yoga-teacher-training.html.
By posting your story live and linking to us you are supporting our website to increase its website traffic and thereby supporting us to reach more people through yoga... we thank you in advance.
- If you want to remain anonymous and do not wish to place your story where it reveals you as the writer you can simply give the competition a mention and place the above link on your personal website, facebook, blog etc to spread the word.
- The forespoken URL must be entered on the entry form. The link should remain active throughout the competition or the entry will be disqualified.
- Tribe reserves First Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain the property of the author. Tribe may use any piece submitted in the competition on the Tribe website, in future publishing or for advertising. Entering your story or photos indicates that you give copyright permission to Tribe.
- All entries must be double spaced, with numbered pages in one of the following formats. All other formats will be disqualified.
- MS Word
- Adobe PDF
- Word Perfect
- Open Office
- Microsoft Works
- Tribe reserves the right to edit the story for publishing. In the event of any editing the article will be sent back to the writer for approval before being used.
- Stories with no yoga relevance will be disqualified from the competition.
- At the discretion of the judges, all well written submissions may be published on the Tribe website.
- If the entrant wishes to remain anonymous, they should supply an alias when submitting their entry.
- The names or aliases of all the writers of any stories featured in the published book will be accredited in the publication.
- The scholarship or prize money will only be given to the person named on the entry submission form. It cannot be given or sold on to a third party.
- The scholarship placement on the Tribe Yoga Teacher Training in Goa includes accommodation meals as advertised on the website.
- The scholarship does not include flights or personal expenses.
- If the chosen training is cancelled, the student may select a Goa Yoga Teacher Training of alternative dates or opt to receive the 500 Euros cash prize money instead.
- In the case that the winner has already signed up for a Tribe Teacher Training in Goa, any advance payments towards the training fee will be refunded.
- Tribe reserves the right to assess each winner’s suitability to train. If the winner is deemed physically, emotionally or mentally incapable of completing the training, the winner will be given the 500 Euros prize money by default.
- Only previous Tribe level 1 graduates can select the level 2 Yoga Teacher Training in Austria, 2014.
- The winners will be posted on the Tribe website and our Facebook Page on 10th April, 2014.
If you are in the writing mood and want to enter into other competitions visit the following websites to be informed of other writing contests. contests.about.com, www.christopherfielden.com, www.pw.org, Online Contest Index
SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION DEADLINE EXTENSION
YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO WRITE YOUR STORY
use form below to submit your stories
Entry form for scholarship competition